Requirements for Admission
Application Materials: We must receive the following items in the Dean’s Office to consider you for admission.
|Original Transcripts of all College/University Coursework||X|
|College Student Application Form||X|
|Essay on Career Interest||X|
Obtaining Application Forms (choose the appropriate selection below to download the application instructions and forms.
- Health Science
- Health Science, Pre-Occupational Therapy
- Health Science: Pre Public Health We are no longer accepting applications for Rehabilitative Services
Minimum Requirements: In addition to submitting the application materials listed above, you must meet the minimal College and Program Specific requirements to be considered for admission. The College requirements are as follows:
3.0 cumulative grade point average (based on a 4.0 scale) for health science and 2.7 cumulative GPA for rehabilitative services on all College level coursework
Completion of 60 college level transferable semester credit hours. Undergraduates from Florida Public Community Colleges must have their AA degree by the time the program begins.
Completion of all general education requirements. These include all general education coursework, the CLAST or CLAST waiver, foreign language (if not completed in high school) and Gordon Rule requirements. The requirements for UF students are outlined in greater detail in the UF undergraduate catolog. This catalog can be obtained for a small fee from: UF Bookstore, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32611-8450. You can call the bookstore at (352) 392-0194. The undergraduate catalog can also be found on the UF home page at: http://www.registrar.ufl.edu/catalog.html
- Completion of prerequisite coursework required with a 3.0 GPA for health science and a 2.7 GPA for rehabilitative services as indicated on the program specific Application/Admission Requirements sheet. Prerequisites must have been completed in the last 7 years (subtracting from junior level BHS program start date). Please consult your program specific instructions included in this packet to make sure you know all of the prerequisites for your program and by when they must be completed.
- Completion of supervised volunteer/work experience is recommended to demonstrate interest and commitment in your field of interest.
- All requirements must be successfully completed by the end of Summer A term to be eligible for either Summer B or Fall admission.
(Please Note: Once admitted, you will need access to an appropriately equipped computer (e.g. windows operating environment, Microsoft Word and Powerpoint, etc.) and will need to provide appropriate documentation of immunizations required by the college.)