The mission of the College of Public Health and Health Professions is to preserve, promote, and improve the health and well being of populations, communities, and individuals. To fulfill this mission, we foster collaborations among public health and the health professions in education, research, and service.
Goal I: Provide excellent educational programs that prepare graduates to address the multifaceted health needs of populations, communities and individuals.
- 1. Enroll a strong and diverse student body
- 2. Recruit and retain outstanding diverse faculty
- 3. Maintain and enhance excellent academic programs that emphasize current knowledge, discovery and practice
- 4. Prepare students who, upon graduation, are competitive in the public health and health professions employment markets
Goal II: Address priority health needs by conducting quality research and disseminating the findings.
- 1. Compete successfully for research funding, thus contributing to greater national prominence
- 2. Promote collaborative research within the college and across the university
- 3. Produce and disseminate new knowledge that contributes to the health of communities and individuals
Goal III: Lead and actively participate in serving our university, our professions, and individuals and communities.
- 1. Provide professional service to the community
- 2. Provide professional service to the college and the university
- 3. Provide educational programs that meet workforce development needs
The College of Public Health and Health Professions’ core values were developed with input from the college’s faculty, students, staff and other constituents. These values guide our education, service and research activities, and we strive to impart them to our students.
- Commitment to excellence
- Respect for human dignity
- Social responsibility